- Help & Knowledgebase
- Documentation Home
- What is an SSL Certificate?
- How to activate an SSL order?
- How to install an SSL certificate?
- What is CSR?
- How to generate a CSR code
- How to reissue an SSL order?
- API Methods
- WHMCS Module
What is CSR?
The CSR or the Certificate Signing Request is a special code (encrypted text) that contains all the required information for issuing the Certificate: the domain name, additional domain names for SAN/multi-domain SSL Certificate, full name, organization, organization unit, e-mail, city, state and country of the person or company who purchased the SSL Certificate.
Generating a CSR is a requirement for the activation of an SSL Certificate order. The CSR is sent to the Certificate Authority during the SSL Certificate activation process.
There are two ways to generate a CSR:
1) It can be generated automatically by CyberSSL during the SSL activation process, or
2) It can be generated manually on your server.
The CSR code begins with -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST--- and ends with -----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----