Comodo PositiveSSL is the cheapest SSL offer on cyberssl.com and it protects the data sent between the user and the website owner by using HTTPS protocol, as well as other more expensive certificates.
We recommend Comodo PositiveSSL for blogs, small businesses, small websites to protect and encrypt the end-users information that is sent to your website.
- Green Icon in the Web Browser
- Installation on your hosting/server*
- SSL Boosts Your Google Ranking
- End-user warranty:$10,000
- Secures:secures one domain name
- Server licensing:unlimited
- Supported web-browsers:99.5
- Secures both with/without 'www.':Yes
- Verification:secures one domain name
- Documents:No documents required
- Issue time:1-15 minutes**
- Key encryption: RSA 4096, ECC 256, ECC 384
- Hash function:SHA2: SHA256
- Certificate encryption:Up to 256-bit
- Recommended retail price:$49.00
- Trust level:
- Site seal type:Static
About Comodo PositiveSSL
This GreenLock DV SSL is the cheapest SSL on the market, it can be purchased for as low as $8.95/Y. It is recommended buying this SSL for 3 years ahead, so you could avoid SSL validation and installation each time the SSL certificate is renewed. PositiveSSL is the cheapest SSL certificate, however, it supports the newest ECC cryptography; other Certificate Authorities have only expensive certificates to use ECC algorithm.
Although this certificate is inexpensive, it still has plenty of validation options. Before issuing the SSL certificate, the domain ownerships must be confirmed. In some cases, a manual validation must be done to check the contents of the website and avoid phishing website. Usually, only domain ownership verification is required. To verify if the domain belongs to the customer, there are different options:
- DNS: A unique CNAME record must be added, in order to pass DNS validation
- HTTP/HTTPS: You will receive a unique file that must be placed on your server.
- EMAIL: An email will be sent to one of the email address from WHOIS database, or to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Why buying PositiveSSL With CyberSSL
CyberSSL offers other services along with the PositiveSSL certificates.We do offer premium support for each PositiveSSL purchased. A free installation is offered if the hosting supports third-party SSLs. In case your hosting/server doesn't support third-party SSL we do offer a special service called SSLAnyWhere, which allows SSL to be installed on unsupported hosting services. CyberSSL also offers an easy way to manage your Certificates via API or specialized SSL management interface.
PositiveSSL is supported to be used with Microsoft Windows Server or Microsoft Azure
PositiveSSL can be used on a variety of platforms such as routes, Windows Servers, Linux, FreeBSD, Ubuntu. To be used with Microsoft Windows Server or Microsoft Azure, a PFX file will be supplied which includes the private key, or a CER if the CSR/Private key pair was generated on the server. If you have any difficulties installing this SSL certificate, you may contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PositiveSSL vs Thawte SSL 123
While PositiveSSL is the cheapest certificate, on the market, Thawte is a more reliable brand. It has almost 100% browser recognition as it's the oldest Certificate Authority started in 1995. Also, Thawte offers better support for Thawte SSL 123. PositiveSSL should be used for small websites, which doesn't require consistent uptime. Thawte SSL 123 can be used for e-commerce or business website, as it is a product by Thawte(owned by Symantec) which is an authoritative, safe and trustworthy brand.